On March 23rd I worked on getting the firewall and pylon prepped to take the engine and the servo to control the throttle.
This involved gluing in a triangular piece for… as well as a rectangular light balsa block which is where the servo assembly is going to mount too. I took the measurements for the two pieces from Peter’s Seamaster, drew my measured lines on the wood, cut the pieces down to size using a table jigsaw and sanded where necessary.
On March 26th I continued getting the firewall ready by drilling holes in the firewall for the engine mounting brackets. Once the holes were drilled I installed the T-nuts. The steps to do this were:
- Fill the center of the T-nuts with Vaseline
- Apply glue inside the hole and on the back around the hole
- Hammer in the T-nuts
- Wipe away excess glue
- Clamp and let dry
You can also see in the first picture below where added supports for the previously installed triangle piece was glued and is also now screwed into the firewall too.