Yesterday Peter came over and we got to looking at the ‘instructions’ again. It appears the top and bottom sheets go right to the trailing edge along the ribs and then a cap goes right along the back.
Because of that I started cutting off the excess WKA/WKB that has been hanging around incrementally using my utility knife. You can see the trailing edge in the featured image above and notice that the process isn’t completed. We kept a piece of 3/32” balsa up against the excess edge as a guide. Once I reached that point we stopped the process this session. Once we are confident in the configuration, Peter is going to bring W-TE-1 ( 1/4”x 3/8” balsa piece) so we can determine how everything is going to come together before proceeding with the trailing edge.
That didn’t stop us from making more progress as we moved on to the bottom of the wing. Peter cut out some more ‘sheet glue supports‘ from balsa and marked the center lines. I then used medium CA to glue them under the leading edge sheet between each rib.
I then cut out a piece of 3/32”, 4″ wide”, balsa similar to the peice on the top of the wing in length and curves. Using wood glue I applied it to the glue supports, ribs (previously marked how far back) and along lines Peter marked on the bottom of the sheet that’ll make contact with the ribs.
The sheet was pinned in place and weights placed on top while the glue dries. This wrapped up another session!