Seeing everything coming together and how far I have come since day 1 when this project began has been really rewarding. I believe I have learned a lot throughout the process and still have so much to learn! It has been a lot of fun seeing the aircraft take shape.
I started the day by continuing where I left off with covering the front side of the fuselage. I had to continue with making the little cuts and folding over and along the front edge. I then folder wider pieces over the edge where the fuel tank is. Lastly to get the finished look below I cut off the excess that runs along the top deck.
Today the engine got installed. We all ready had the engine mounts in place and prepped. Using the appropriate screws and locking nuts I screwed the engine into place while Peter held the nut with a wrench. I also used a screwdriver to pry open the clamp for the throttle push rod and got it onto the linkage (right side looking at the picture below) so will be able to have throttle control. This also means that while placing the engine before bolting down need to make sure the wire is connected. I find the picture below really start showing the progress made on the plane! It also shows two glaring things that still need to be done, one is installing the canopy which I’m hoping to do Tuesday, and the other is covering and installing the hatch for the fuel tank.