Tuesday I was able to work on my plane for a couple hours.
Prior to covering the top of the wing I needed to cut the covering that was over the servo hatches. After cutting the covering into an ‘X’, corner to corner, I turned the wing back around and ensured that the covering is firmly adhered around the opening. I then folded the cut pieces over, one per side, and performing little cuts where necessary to get the desired fold. Then using a tiny iron I adhered the covering to the side of the wood before flipping over and adhering the leftovers to the inside wood (provides better attachment then cutting the excess short) and then only trimming where little bits stuck up higher than the ‘height’ of the wing so as not to affect when covering the top.
This can be seen in the image below:
Once that was done I covered the top of one half of the wing (seen in the featured image at the top). I ran out of time as I was getting tired and hungry so I will have to perform the finishing touches next time prior to starting the other wing panel. The touch ups include making sure there are no sagging parts, trimming the excess along the edges, etc.
As a note, this time prior to even starting to cover the top I used the woodpecker over the entire exposed sheeting where the two wing panels are connected.