Today was a quick building session as we got done what we could and then have to wait until the glue dries.
Peter already had the table prepped with the left and wing panels and a device to hold the required angle while the two halves are glued together. We also used a level to ensure the leading edge is level across both wings, seen in the pic above.
I first placed glue on the left end of the dihedral brace followed by sliding it into place in the left wing panel. I then placed glue over the outside of the two ribs that will be together when joined. After placing glue on the right end of the dihedral brace Peter and I carefully worked the brace into the right panel. We then clamped the two wings (angled W1 ribs) together making sure they were aligned as well as we could get it and left it to dry for the night after wiping away the excess glue. Worth noting is that for the glue applied to the side of the ribs we mixed in a thickener to ensure the glue fills in any gaps from imperfections or unexpected warping of the rib helping to ensure a solid bond.
The last task for the night envolved turning our attention back to the fuselage where we glued the balsa top deck formers T-1, T-2, & T-3 into place.