After yesterdays session you can really get a sense of what my aircraft will look like (without the wing anyways). I started my day with covering the hatch cover. I wanted to break up all the white on the fuselage and since Peter and I had the same idea for what color should be used I went with green. Before covering I had to make sure that there was clearing for the throttle linkage which involved sanding down the one side. Once that was done I covered the surface and folded over the edges like I have done previously. This also means that for the front it involved doing a bunch of small cuts to get the covering folded over the curved edge decently.
John came over to check things out and while he was there we bound my transmitter to the receiver. I haven’t installed that yet as John’s going to bring over some velcro for that task; however I know where it is going to go and already hot glued some tubing to the side of the fuselage to run the longer wire at a 90 degree angle to the other for reception. I set up a new model in my transmitter (named it 4Star60) and the various leads were hooked into the correct places on the receiver. We were not able to get the desired effect for the throttle after doing endpoint adjustments on the throttle control arm and in the transmitter itself so will have to look at that again. We were able to adjust the servos (mechanical adjustments) and the linkage near the control horn to get us satisfied with the movement of the rudder and elevator for this first crack at it. John had to go and then Peter and I hooked up the wing to test the ailerons. I had to reverse RAL so that when pushing the joystick left the plane would bank left (as was reversed originally).